I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Thursday, June 23, 2011

6/21/11- ...Thursdays with Jonny?


Sorry for the delay folks!  Due to a combination of sleep deprivation, a trip to FL, blogspot tech issues and some other exciting stuff (to be revealed at a later date) there has been a delay!  Don't sound the alarms.  The post has arrived.  So, thanks for your patience...and away, we, go!

Ever feel a little extra slack in your drawers?  If so, you better get to T.J. Maxx and pick up your cheeks!  
*please note:  this pic is a dramatization.  The model was not in any way, shape or (lovely) form in need of bum enhancement.

Text #1:  "I love it when my hard work pays off!"


Well Leslie.  I'm not one to start conspiracies but it looks like "someone" is padding the numbers.  Enron much?

Text #2:  "Hi Jonny...A work in progress...How would you like to finish this up when you're in the area????"


Hey Faithie...nice work...I don't think I could possibly add to the artistry already in place!

Text #3:  "Happy Summer Solstice from Times Square!!!"


Yvette, while I support this hippie-dippie public welcoming of summer, I have to frown at anything that encourages people to linger even longer in Times Square.  I'm torn!

Text #4:  "The possibilities of a Tuesday..."


Miss Shook, you're killing me!  First of all, my Florida readers will not be happy to learn that I supported the Mets in my early formative years.  Secondly, I love the combo of the hat and the Mr. Met picture.  And thirdly, I haven't been to Citifield yet and I'm dying to check it out.  Raincheck (to be redeemed soon)??

Text #5:  "Ultimate first day of summer lunch!  Lobster roll, lemonade and kettle chips at Yeah! Burger in West Atlanta."


Well that looks just lovely Kelly.  Lobster at a burger joint.  Hotlanta knows how to welcome summertime!

Text #6:  "Time for a mouthful...I just spoke to 40 people and told them they can utilize each other in other conference rooms...That's what I get for not memorizing the script... I'm Ron Burgundy?


Kaeleen, I think I speak for all of my readers with a callective "HUH!?"  I do, however, get the Anchorman reference.  Well done!

Text #7:  "Missing you guys."


Well Trumble, you can add Leonard and Agnes to that picture as soon as tomorrow.  The lesson learned? Guilt trips get quick results with us.

Text #8:  "Tech rehearsal for Man of La Mancha, it's going to be a great show!"


Nick...I heard the show is gonna be great.  How about some comps?

Text #9:  "Send this to Jon for my Tuesday picture."


Monica says "who needs a costly gym membership" when you can walk through 100 degree weather to the mall?"  

Text #10:  "Spring break '98"


... screamed Jess as she shotgunned a PBR and went streaking through the quad!

Final Thoughts

Though I strive to post each week in a timely manner, things sometimes come up (technical difficulties, responsibilities, extreme tanning).  Gotta roll with the punches and be prepared for anything.  Ever heard of the ancient art of Drunken Monkey Fighting?  Look it up!  The general gist (as I understand from the one poorly dubbed 60's kung fu movie I saw) is that the practitioner rids themselves of all tension and therefore fights without resistance, using the attacker's momentum against him/her.  Or it was some drunk guy punching the side of a barn.  No clue!  But, keeping with my initial thought, channel your inner kung fu master and allow yourself to take in outside stimuli and adapt.  Makes for far less stress...and grey hairs (my running count is 16).

Is it redundant or apropos...or slightly racist, to say "Confucius Out!" (again)?

Jonny 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't advise reading your last paragraph while just waking up...ya need all your brain functions working!

Post a Comment