I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6/14/11- a day to gain fame


Today was just a bit off of center.  It was rainy, it was exciting, it was nerve wracking.  This pic was taken from my post as Tech Geek model #3.  Keep your eyes peeled for pictures of me and the girl wallpapering the city...or at least at the back of the Village Voice with all the dirty ads.  Hey, aim low and be happily surprised!

Text #1:  "My Tuesday photo.  I got nothin'"


Hey now Leslie.  Clearly you have an abundant supply of paper and a sharpie!

Text #2:  "This is my Tuesday... at least I'm out of bed this time, am I right? ; )

  
Kudos to your move from the bed to the couch Monica.  Big achievement!  Sure...I'm not one to talk.  Yes...I also enjoy that movie (your daughter made me watch it).  And...I'm in bed as I write this.  Hmm...

Text #3:  "Best bbq in town for lunch to celebrate 3 years of the marriage with the hubs!


Luann, judging by the sheer volume of meat, this is the likely the only bbq in town.  It that vegan?  It looks great!

Text #4:  "It's called Fatal Frame, and it's about teenage girls killing ghosts with a spiritual camera."


G, it's called amish country.  It's about tourists stealing souls with their polaroids!

Text #5:  "Every time it rains, I go shopping for plants.  It better stop raining soon or I won't have anywhere to put the stuff...oh yeah, it was 5 pairs of shoes on my un-Tuesday!!


Faithie, I know a couple who can organize a killer tag sale and get rid of all those unwanted plants and shoes!

Text #6:  "So I have tickets to glee in 119 but they just released better tickets!  Do I buy better ones and cross my fingers the other ones sell?  Gleelema."


Yvette, I'm pretty sure the "Gleelema" is that you bought Glee tickets in the first place.  I'd sell the originals and use the profits to get myself a nice cup of coffee or a newspaper.

Text #7:  "¡Arriba! ¡Arepa!"


Jess likes to fully embrace the culture when dining out.  She made me order in Spanish.  I'm pretty sure I offended everyone there!


Final Thoughts

Some days are just inherently upside down.  Embrace them because the harder you try to turn them right-side up, the more distorted they become.  It's said that the only time you're truly in control is when you relinquish the need to be in control.  Try it sometime!

Confucius out...

Jonny



0 comments:

Post a Comment