I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6/7/11- a day to recoup


I took it old school today with some pretzels, ginger ale and a day's worth of naps!  We hit the ground running since landing in NYC so I took a break.  The girl introduced me to "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".  I'm now addicted.  Add that to my coffee obsession and I'm working with some serious problems over here! 

What were you up to?

Text #1:  "My Tuesday pictures a little early"


Leslie and Max, Sign Makers Inc. are at it again!  It's hard to tell which one drew this sign but the sentiment tugged at my heart strings!  Who's a good girl!?!?!

Text #2:  "DIY Teaser Tuesday"

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I can only imagine that Erin will turn this fabric into something absolutely hoe-down chic.  Check out the dress she made for the Jess!

Text #3:  "Hi Jonny!  Nuttin' but hard work going on here.  I really like my new patio doors."


Mom, why are there so many men at your house?  You're grounded young lady!

Text #4:  "Relaxing week of fun at the beach with my best friend.  It's our tenth annual trip!"


The sun, the surf, and a good book vs. the sun, the steaming pavement and a hole outside my apartment that ends near the 7th layer of hell.  Kelly wins!

Text #5:  "Orange crusted BBQ chicken with a vegetable complement to be named later...taken with my new iPhone 4!!!  Woot woot!"


Nick's day of culinary feats...I didn't know having pancreatitis makes you gay!  Glad to see you're feeling better and that you scored the iPhone 4 though!!

Text #6:  "Hydrating muscles for Saturday!!!!"


I'll say it Kaeleen, mostly because I'm afraid, you're lookin' pretty ripped!

Text #7:  "Sunset in the city!"


Goodnight rats, goodnight bums, goodnight horn honking, goodnight construction outside my bedroom window, goodnight guy urinating in the phone booth.  Goodnight Yvette.

Text#8:  "Just what the doctor ordered!"


Well, well.  Looks like someone, not naming names (Jessica) hopped on the relaxation band wagon.  Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Final Thoughts

We've been in NYC for just a little over a week now and I'd estimate that we've walked at least 50 miles, probably more!  Today I laid down!  Feel guilty for being lazy?  Nope!  Sometimes you just have to kick back and let life happen around you.  It's helps recharge your battery for the next adventure.  It's hard to believe but the Earth will actually rotate just fine if you take some time for yourself. 

Till next time...

Jonny


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i couldn't have found a better nap neighbor.

erin said...

here is the answer to your diy tuesday teaser question mark.....
http://turquoiseviolets.blogspot.com/2011/06/diy-passport-covers.html

Post a Comment