I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4- The Fourth Tuesday


It's hard to believe it's my 4th Tuesday already.  Luckily this posting will make my deadline unencumbered by weather, travel or the like.  This Tuesday finds me doing what I'm currently describing as my new profession.  My present life of leisure is excellent but I had to find something to work on that provides me with a creative outlet. I love a good project so... now I'm a (self-described) writer!  Like, seriously full time... and by full time I mean it generates absolutely no income, unless you can quantify the warm and fuzzies.  In fact so far it costs me to write.  That lovely, unsweetened Venti Iced Coffee cost me over $3.  The bastards charged me extra for my tiny splash of soy!  Not to name names...Starbucks. 

To give you a little background on my "new profession"; I began writing with some regularity a few years ago.  It started off with poetry, which gave me a  chance to vent during some tough times.  Then I thought "I'm pretty funny and opinionated.  Why not write a book?"  I've been working on it for a little over a year.  Sometimes it flows freely, sometimes it's a struggle.  Either way, it's been so much fun!  I may post snippets here and there so keep checking back!  Oh, and I have this little blog.  Tell a friend! 

Text #1: (no subject)


To some viewers, this photo may be disturbing (feel free to shield your eyes).  Others may realize this is just another day in the life of an actor at half hour.  I thought Jeremy was on the road with Les Mis, but judging by that wig he's doing an all male review of Liza Minelli's greatest hits.   

Text #2:  "This is my Tuesday.  I wish Jer was here :("


The "Jer" that Kathleen is referring to is the scantily clad "Liza with a Z" in the photo above.  It appears that both she and Violet, the little bundle of love on the left, are missing their boy!

Text #3: "It was delish!!"


The things you learn about people!  Jess is a closet chef.  Who knew!?  In case you can't tell, that's lasagna complete with boca crumbles and sprinkled with an artery blocking mix of six shredded cheeses.  I'm salivating on the keys as I type!  Are there leftovers?  This masterpiece makes my PB&J look like shit on a shingle!

Text #4: "This is becoming my everyday"


Well folks, I've created a monster.  I thought that an iPad as a combined Christmas/retirement gift would be the perfect hi-tech offering for my mom.  Now I'm concerned that she may never leave the house.  Last week I was amazed that she was able to text a picture of her Tuesday.  Today she appeared in my living room in hologram form.  It's impressive but it's freakin' me out!!

Text #5: "Unfortunately my Tuesday was spent at my dear friend Jamie's wake/funeral."


When Danielle sent me this picture she was concerned that it was "a bit dark".  She asked that I look beyond the sadness and post this for leukemia awareness.  Her friend died at 26.  Personally, I think everything about this picture is full of light.  Danielle's willingness to find positivity and purpose in a tragic time is a lovely tribute to her friend. 
*to learn more about leukemia please visit www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/ 

Text #6: "Passed my hemoglobin test!"


Kelly's text came in just after Danielle's.  Serendipity.  Need I say more?

Text #7: "My Tuesday with Teddy"


"Teddy" looks slightly possessed but I can't imagine that Caley would have a demon dog.  This picture brought back some great old memories.  You see, Caley was my college roommate and back in the day we used to babysit for his family dog Cosette, a black Standard Poodle.  If Teddy has half the energy of that spry Cosette, I'm surprised that this is not a picture of him walking on the ceiling!

Text #8: "This may seem like a standard enough photo, but it's the eyes that tell the true story. Eyes racked with the dread of having returned to work after Christmas today, but dotted with a light sprinkling of the joy of not having to return for another 12 hours... Fuck, I need a spliff.



(cont.) 'The Man' is no friend of mine, no sir! How I pine for NYC and all it entailed for me. Afternoon walks in central park, destroying Hack in an early shift darts game and even mopping up the bridge and tunnellers blood, sweat and puke early on a Sunday morning
."

All of the above text, riddled with "Irish-speak" (complete with guteral Dublin swearing) is from Simon, in what I have to imagine is a clever attempt at stealing my blog.  He's only getting away with it this week because he is my first overseas follower.  Ireland is now in da house!

Text #9: "This guy tried to dry hump me"

 

Lucas!  Such allegations of le pere noel are no laughing matter.  He's already started making his list and checking it twice for next Christmas, so you better watch out and you better not cry...wolf!  Of course he may be a drunk mall Santa, and in that case I hope you served up an entire can of Oklahoma whoop ass for the holidays.  Upon further examination the American flag, lantern and walking stick are really throwing me for a loop!

Text #10: "Woot"

  

Please hold.... ah yes.... according to urban dictionary:

     Woot
     1 definition: "w00t" was originally a truncated expression common among players of Dungeons        and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

Give those 12 years olds hell G!!

Text #11: "I finally put up my dartboard!!  I know you're proud"


Heidi has become quite the dart aficionado although I question her commitment to the time honored sport because that looks like an electronic dart board.  I may be a purist but unless it's steel tip, it ain't darts.  Perhaps that's just a fancy score keeper at the bottom.  Fingers crossed!!  ...and yeah, I'm proud.

Final Thoughts

Life is precious.  Life is unique.  Life is funny.  Life is sad.  There are ups and downs, unknowns, people to meet, and adventures to have.   Perhaps you don't need me to tell you but after all, isn't this the resounding theme of not only Tuesdays, but everyday?  It's easy to get caught in the idea of living for that intangible "happy ever after".  Well...ever after what exactly?  I think it's important to realize that much happens after those proverbial closing credits.  You may ride off into the sunset today, but tomorrow promises to bring with it a flurry of new emotions and 24 hours to fill with whatever you choose!

Thanks to everyone who contributed!  Our biggest week yet!  Please keep your texts coming!  I love em!

Till next time...

Jonny 

      

0 comments:

Post a Comment