I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/25/2011- A Tuesday from Dawn til dusk


In case you haven't figured it out, my Mac is acting up.  It's been threatening for weeks now and today it was in a particularly bad mood!  I happily sat with a warm cup of coffee, ready to write, in a small cafe in St. Pete but MacBook had a different plan.  It decided that unless I squeeze the bottom left corner of the screen it wasn't going to reveal its lower half.  That didn't sound right.  Anyway,  it's very difficult to type a complete thought using just your right hand.  Now it's behaving a little better but who knows how long I've got.  I better move on...

Text # 1: "When bad things happen to new birds..."


This is a grim scene, admittedly not from today but a past Tuesday perhaps.  I'll allow it....we'll pretend.  Apparently another "little birdie" left the back door open, allowing a neighborhood cat access to the Z's Finch Sanctuary.  Luckily Leslie can breath easy because the birds probably shit themselves but made it through unscathed.

Text #2:   "Listing designer stuff on ebay in the upper east side"


Well la de da!  Hopefully Yvette's luxury items will fetch the bids they deserve.  You better make good on that free shipping.

Text #3: "Yet another snowfall.  My Tuesday picture was supposed to be from a bowling alley."


Once again, Mom is looking to line things up and knock them down.  In case you haven't heard, the North East has been pummeled by snow and ice over the past few weeks.  It makes Florida look like...well...a walk on the beach.  Faithie's last couple post have been a little troublesome.  This week brings a serene, snowy landscape.  Way to shake it off Mom!

Text #4: "Due to the weather rehearsal has been cancelled...I'm not sure when we will reschedule...I apologize for the late notification, I understand you're upset but...I DON'T CONTROL THE WEATHER"... Stage parents are so understanding


I'm no sign language expert but I believe this the sign for "so, so".  Hey, I just post em' as I get em'.  Danielle, I'm sure that despite the weather most of said "stage parents" can just fire up the flying monkeys and travel wherever they need.

Text #5:  "I could get used to "winter" in Burbank, CA.  On this perfectly sunny Tuesday afternoon, I'm reading and lounging by the pool.


How many of those beautiful palm trees died to make that book Kelly?  Huh?  You can consider that as you bask in the California sun.  Okay, I'm just jealous.

Text # 6: "Icky, ick, ick"


I couldn't agree more with Miss Groom.  What the hell Florida?  Today is the first time in my Earthly tenure that I've heard an actual usage of the emergency broadcast system.  I quickly peed myself then went about my day.

Text #7: "Tied!"


I thought I'd end today's post with the start of my Tuesday.  In the first hour or so of the day, Jess was more than happy to relish in her "come from behind" tying performance.  Clearly she was attempting to thwart my concentration as she snapped photos of usually well-executed follow through.  Whatever the method of victory...the girl throws a mean dart!

Final Thoughts

We certainly can't control the weather, but don't let the weather control you.  Yep, that's the best I can come up with.  I'm sleepy!  Though we had fallen birds, darts and ebay postings, the prevalent force behind today's contributions was weather from about every corner of the country.  Global warming in full effect y'all!  The North East is getting hammered, the South is getting colder, and the West Coast is getting...tan.  Whatever your locale, you have a front row seat to mother nature at its finest.  It may cancel bowling night or send you running for a bunker but it just might lead to that project you've been meaning to get down or some quality movie time on the couch!  Enjoy the change of plans...

Till next time...

Jonny



0 comments:

Post a Comment