I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/8/10- Sorry I missed a week


Pictured above is my excuse for last Tuesday's blog absence.  This is the Western Caribbean as viewed from the bow of my luxury ocean liner....well, the Norwegian Epic.  Sure, sure some of you Northerners may not appreciate my soiree in the tropics.  Others may nay say because they didn't get to escape along with.  I decided that I deserved a vacation... from my current...vacation.  Needless to say, the only other person that was happy for my trip, besides me, was my travel buddy.  This Tuesday is below:


Today was about thwarting my end of vacation blues.  My travel buddy and I ponied up to a place called the Lime.  Two margaritas, chips, guac, and some salsa later and I'm feeling better about disembarking and rejoining the world of early retirement!

Text #1: "Emma with her speech award, her loose tooth and a bugs life! What a great day!"  


Leslie is one of my most loyal and demanding followers.  Her little cutie of a granddaughter has really been wracking up the awards lately.  She's a world class recycler and public speaker who always has time for the tooth fairy and to kick back and watch a movie.  I smell Nobel Prize in the future!

Text #2: "Hi Jonny.  No Snow.  Decided to go to work"


Faithie has been sent through the ringer this winter.  It's the worst on record.  She tried shovel execution, death by icicle, and now she has come out of retirement and returned to The Shelton B.O.E.  I can only imagine there's a diabolic plot in the works!

Text #3: "I was finally exposed to roller derby.  It was fun yet terrifying.  I never knew the roller rink could be so hostile.  It is pretty entertaining however."


Thumbs up to carnage?  Danielle, I know you're searching for a more physical occupation but roller derby?  In my day we'd strap on the busted old four wheel skates and enjoy an  uncoordinated romp to the hits of the late 80's.  If you insist on this new, dangerous hobby then my only advice is to go for the knees.

Text # 4: "My Tuesday"


This little bundle of joy is plumb tuckered out.  I had the pleasure of visiting with her last week in Ft. Lauderdale and for the first time in the history of our greeting one another, she did not pee on my foot.

Text #5:  "gettin' glittery"


This is Jess's Valentine's Day arts and crafts project.  As I always say, so scissors and a little glitter go a long way.  Not such a Hallmark holiday after all?

Text #6: (no message)


Well if this isn't a depressing photo I don't know what is.  Jeremy is in Chicago freezing his junk off in the name of art.  Hey, remember when you were in FL last week.  Oh...burn!

Final Thoughts

I'd like to once again apologize for my absence last Tuesday.  If Norwegian Cruise lines didn't charge $100/minute for internet access I would have posted.  I will say, however, that a Tuesday without any sort of technology was refreshing.  No texts, no calls, no emails.  Just left to my own devices in paradise.  Not too shabby!  Simplify people.  Allow yourself to step away from the hustle once in a while and enjoy moments unencombered by the little "conveniences" that so often tie us down.  You don't need to go all the way to the Caribbean to realize the best stuff is in the little things... but it won't hurt.

Till Next time...

Jonny


1 comments:

leonard and agnes said...

i am in desperate need of another escape from technology!

Post a Comment