I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/18/11- A Tuesday's worth of option B's


Do we really live in a world where a guy has to call ahead to get some smoked fish?  "Ted Peter's Famous Smoked Fish" (or so they say) was my first stop on a day to be jam packed with culinary delights, and let me tell you... it was closed.  Yes I guess I could have called and checked their hours.  I suppose I could have also consulted this new fangled "interweb" they're all talking about.  But instead I decided to put my trust into a time honored St. Pete, FL tradition... and they decided to take the day off.  This was just the starting point of a day that was ruled by back up plans.  You know what?  It was a wonderful day and I couldn't have planned it better if I tried.

Text #1: (no subject)



The audience looks a little light for this performance.  I guess word didn't reach Ft. Lauderdale that the dynamic Jeremy Hays is lending his talents to this production... or maybe it did...

Text #2:  "Getting my hair did"



Kathleen walked out of Super Cuts with a half mohawk because the flash in the mirror blinded her poor beautician.  I appreciate the contribution but consider fashion over function just this once!

Text #3:  "I should never cook.  I'm too embarrassed to explain!"


When ovens attack!!  Observe the havoc that the old "GE" will wreak on a dish that is not oven safe.  Heidi's oven waited eagerly as she carefully prepared a meticulous lasagna, complete with double extra cheese. Next time spring for some Corningware!

Text #4:  "I have fat hands"


That there readers will fire up a 328i and is the key to an excellent Tuesday.  Lucas, if you're sporting this cherry ride I don't think you have to concern yourself with your fat hands.  The ladies will understand!

Text #5:  "My real Tuesday.  My imaginary Tuesday."














Ironic exposition... or the perfect crime?  Last week Faithie was plotting against her shovels and this week it seems like she has her sights set on those enjoying warm weather.  I know it's cold up there.  I understand cabin fever...trust me!  But I'm not sure there's just cause to go all "The Shining" on the girl in the straw hat.

Text #6:  "Carly Simon and vodka tonics at Tortilla Flats' Bingo Night.  My idea of a good time is apparently the same as my grandmother's...


Is your grandmother a 50 year old gay man?  This picture looks like Christmas Eve at the Blue Oyster.  Not hating on the bingo though, G.  I'm a big fan!

Text #7:  "Just keep swimming."


I'm not gonna lie...I'm speechless.  My first inclination is, of course, to make fun but the mouse has a far reach and calling him out online cannot possibly yield positive results.  In a completely different note, Shook is a die hard Disney fan and I know it would be dream to play Dory in the Animal Kingdom.  Let's send her good thoughts people!

Text #8:  "It seems that after a week of paralyzing ice and snow, Atlantans have forgotten how to drive! I have to remind myself in moments of rush hour that a comfy, clean Camry beats a smelly, crowded subway car.


It seems that this so called "traffic" is taking our nation by storm.  I've not encountered it myself but apparently it's chapping the asses of many of our countryman.  Hopefully Kelly is able to keep it contained in Atlanta before it decides to invade my mild mannered Tampa.

Text #9: "ahhhh perfection"


Are there really words to describe a lovely beach day in mid-January?  You chilly Northerners can probably think of a few!  All I'm saying is that Jess got her Tuesday just right!

Final Thoughts:

Sorry for the late posting.  I'm usually in earlier on a Tuesday but mine was jam packed with fun and reinvention of what I thought was "the plan".  Be malleable.  That's this week's message.  Allow yourself to go with the flow because behind every set situation is a possible adventure just waiting for a life.  If my first destination weren't closed, I wouldn't have had that great picture or a picnic on the beach.  If my last stop weren't closed, damn raw vegans, I wouldn't have had tuna ceviche and some delicious sangria.  It's not always possible to go with the flow but if you're able to, who knows where it'll take you.

Till next time...

Jonny

0 comments:

Post a Comment