I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8/2/11



First of all, happy August!!  This is an important month for many reasons.  To my fellow Leo's...you know the secret handshake.  To everyone else...welcome to our month, just don't touch anything!!

Today was a day of concentration.  I'm just breaking into the routine of a new job.  It's not easy after 9 months off!!  My first discovery was that, no matter how it appears, the swiss ball enforces excellent posture!

What was your Tuesday all about?

Text #1:  "On camera acting class....oh for the love of teaching"


Nick, I neither see a camera nor acting.  Could this be because action paused for you to lament your teaching woes in the form of a soliloquy...or was it an aside? One can never be too sure!

Text #2:    "Justin Turners wearing the short pants.  I love the short pants.  And thus, I now love Justin Turner even more."


Okay Kelly, let me lay it down like this.  Short pants can be related to the cowboy boot theory... either you're gay or you live in Texas.

Text #3:  (accidentally erased the text...whoops!)


To sum it up, my mother is now running for Alderman...then congress...then the World!  I knew her when she used to wake me up for school and serve me pop tarts.  

Text #4:  "My Tuesday?  Nothing much, just waking up to a present Emma made for me...wrapped it and everything."


Well, that's, uh...lovely, Monica.  There are no words to eloquently express my feelings on a clump of hair wrapped in green yarn and given as a gift.

Text #5:  "Waiting for the storm to pass...that's my Tuesday."


Honestly Erin, I'm no master of avionics but I'd be more concerned about the lack of plane rather than the abundance of storm.  That luggage mover is not going to fly itself!

Final Thoughts

When embarking on anything new; a relationship, a job, an adventure... be sure to allow for a learning curve.  You'll thank yourself!  It's easy to ride the band wagon of past experience but you can't judge new books by old covers.  Give things a chance.  They might not go swimmingly at first but you'd be surprised what a little patience, some hard work and trial + error will bring to the table.  Just take a deep breath and keep telling yourself it's bound to get easier!

Till next time...

Jonny   




  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Jonny, time for some clock cleaning...whoops is not acceptable, and it's AlderWOMAN, and thanks for mentioning the pop tarts...I still haven't forgiven myself!!

Post a Comment