I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/10/11- nose to the grindstone


If you're confused but the picture please don't adjust your screen.  That's my mom's kitchen table, not the Mac jamboree.  This Tuesday we all hunkered down and kept our eyes on the prize!  This is where technology and old fashioned elbow grease meet on the other side!  I took to sketching new logos, the girl kept her nose to the computer screen for the better part of the day working on ouraugust (shameless plug), and Faithie let out little yelps as she unpacked and discovered all the capabilities of her fancy computer.  Productive day.

What were you up to?

Text #1:  "I was expecting great things...nope!  I'm still old!"


Leslie, you shoulda tried the one on the left!  That hussy has all the secrets to never aging...and...you may just learn to fly.

Text #2:  "My Tuesday sucks, it consists of completely unmotivated cleaning and laundry that I'm trying very hard to get out of.  But Emma's, on the other hand, consist of a couple of spuds! =)"


From the sound of it, those spuds are representative of how Monica feels.  Do you think 5 years old is too young to understand the concept of art imitating life??

Text #3:  "Despite my track record I may just have a green thumb... a couple of those suckers are from two killings ago!


Two killings ago?  What the hell are you using as fertilizer Luann??

Text #4:  "Wishing I was here..."


Wishing I was there too Kaeleen.  Florida has beach volleyball and surf.  Connecticut has flower  festivals and antique jewelry.

Text #5:  "Still suffering through, spending most of another week in bed."


Nick did you know that the Target pharmacy has cool multi-colored pill bottles with personalized color rings!?  Might just turn that thumb right-side up!

Text #6:  "This is my Tuesday!  Workin' the memories!"


From the looks of it, you're the only one who remembers this place Regina (cue the tumbleweed)...


Text #7:  "Hi there Jonny, THIS is my Tuesday...sent from my iPhone!!"


As if the new white iPhone weren't enough, my mother purchased the new 27" iMac the day after its release.  Frankly, this fabled "retirement" has made her a little big for her britches.
.
Text #8:  "Spring has come to Chicago!  Finally!"


Quit your bitching Colte.  Yesterday I hiked in show shoes, went ice fishing, and carved out a whale for warmth.

Text #9:  "No caption needed..."


If I hadn't been sitting next to Jess as she consumed this (as if it were the first time I'd ever fed her), I'd swear I was looking at a close-up of Mars.  Is NASA giving us the full story?

Final Thoughts

Buckling down and getting things done feels good doesn't it?  This week I'm giving you another assignment.  Set out to complete the project/projects you've promised yourself you'd get done but just haven't found the time for.  Make a list!  It can be anything from cleaning the garage to patenting that new invention you've been building in that damn messy garage!  Get started, get creative, get organized!  Whatever you choose, I guarantee you'll have a huge feeling of accomplishment by next Tuesday.

Let me know how it turns out!

Till next time...
Jonny  





2 comments:

Leslie said...

Regina, I remember the Globe very well. (tumbleweed shumbleweed....boys! they just don't know!!)
and Faithie - DAMN! that's big.

Anonymous said...

Loved the blog! I want to be on that beach. Hope Nick gets better soon. And Leslie...it's go big or go home!!

Post a Comment