I've wanted to start a blog for some time but was stuck at the very beginning. What to write!? It's easy to get caught up in trying to be original or funny, touching or informative. Should I document fashion trends? Post various photos? Satirize U.S. politics? My search continued until recently...the first Tuesday. A close someone and I found ourselves with a completely free day. We'd planned coffee with computers, a trip to the mall, a meal here and there, a Monty Python movie, and some hot toddies. We're fun as hell! Anyway...from this day, Tuesdays with Jonny arose.

Enjoy!



Recent Posts

Saturday, April 30, 2011

4/26/11- ...and a very belated Tuesday to you!


Whew!!  What a week its been.  Jess and I set out on Monday from Holiday, FL in a 15 foot budget truck...the damn thing!!  After 1650 miles, 7 full tanks of gas, beautiful sights, wonderful cities,  and narrowly avoiding the hundred tornadoes following us, we found ourselves on my mom's doorstep in CT.  The last couple days have been a combination of unpacking the truck, recovering, showing the girl some CT sights, catching up on sleep, and fighting with blogspot to allow my uploaded photos.  I may rest at some point...but not quite yet!  The photo above is from the lovely city of Asheville, NC.  To say we loved it would be an understatement! 

Let's see what you were up to...

Text #1:  "The girls are back in 'their room'/ 'your' room."



I could swear you implied joint ownership of my room with the finches, L-Cat.  This is a little troublesome because I was sure I locked the door when I left...

Text #2:  "Signed the lease on my new condo today!  Forgot to photograph that so here is me looking at the paint chips for my bedroom."

                    

Kelly, this looks more like one of those color blind tests they give you when you're a kid.  What do you mean I'm wearing pink jeans?

Text #3:  "After searching since Friday, my wallet finally showed up from the depths under my office desk"


Luckily Luann didn't have to learn the hard way how nasty losing your wallet can be.  I'm still is dispute with Visa over charges from Tijuana for a blow-up pool, 100 gallons of jell-o, and 4 cases of silly string.

Text #4:  "Domestic bliss!  Cleaning, doing laundry, and nursing my sunburn after a weekend getaway!


Stef, you know you've worked on a cruise ship too long when:  any of the above text seems like domestic bliss.

Text #5:  "Work: expense report!  This means I get money back.  Hooray!"


Way to hold them accountable Kaeleen.  Get creative with your expense reports!  I hope you're also charging them for working from home!  

Text #6:  "Working on a movie!"


Shooting a movie, eh?  That's pretty cool Yvette.  Is it a movie about my storage unit?

Text #7:  "This is my Tuesday!  Lots of cigarettes & coffee as I sulk about missing my bff.  Oh, and lots of driving."


First of all, Regina, it sounds like your describing a brief stint in prison.  Secondly, I couldn't help but notice you didn't mention how much you miss me.  Just sayin'...

Text #8:  "Ready for my close up!"


Close up is an understatement Danielle.  I now know what you had your last 3 breakfasts.   How were the waffles?

Text #9:  "Our Tuesday...jealous much?  We miss you guys!"


Monica and Emma know how to lay on the Florida guilt trip...and it works!!!  I just have to reload the truck and we'll see you in 22 hours.

Text #10:  "Today I tried to teach the boy the importance of taking a proper photo booth picture."


I'm not sure who is having more fun here.  Kid or mom?  Either way Erin and Ashyr have some real winners here!

Text #11:  [I accidentally deleted it]


Would ya look at this prehistoric beast.  No offense mom!!  Okay, I have to fess up or I'll no longer be welcome at Faithie's house.  Her picture was of a huge grocery spread that she bought in anticipation of the girl and my arrival.  You see, she can't resend because her old phone (pictured above) can't save photos anymore, the p.o.s.  I'd feel bad if she hadn't snagged a brand new white iphone 4 one day after its release!!  Trend setter.

Final Thoughts

I learned at least 10 things this week, maybe more:  1)  Driving a budget truck through the Smoky Mountains is terrifying.  2) Gainesville has 47 Einstein Bagel locations but they're all on the University of Florida campus and they're impossible to find when you're starving and you have to pee.  3)  The Comfort Inn in Richmond, VA may actually have dead whores in the mattresses and they may have broken into our truck.  4)  My butt and feet fall asleep after driving for 10 hours.  5)  New Jersey smells like a mixture of roses, burnt popcorn, and cow farts.  6)  The ingredients of a 1650 mile adventure are the open road, the game 20 questions, Easter candy, all my worldly belongings, and the girl.  8)  Treat each destination like an appetizer sampler platter.  You have to try out the onion rings, mozzarella sticks, and spinach dip before you can even think of going with any one flavor.  9)  There are an infinite number of possible destinations.  10)  There's hot coffee and friendly smiles just about everywhere you go.  

Thank you for your patience this week!  Tuesdays is back up and running and will come out on time next week.  Be sure to check out our new blog ouraugust for all of our adventures/misadventures as we take this great big globe by storm.  This is only the beginning folks.  There's so much more to come!

Till next time...

Jonny


1 comments:

Regina said...

ummm..... I just told Jess today how much I miss you too!
You make me laugh. Love it!
So sad i missed last Tuesday.
Ill make the next, a good one.
Maybe not as good as grand central station, or botanical gardens..hmmmmm
Ill figure something out.
Maybe like a railroad track with a bum sleeping on it, with a fourty in his hand :)
Miss you guys!

Post a Comment